Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weather Photography

The snow this week inspired me to look for some cool weather photographs.  When I used the magical tool of google to find a weather photographer I was overwhelmed with Jim Reed's work.  Jim is recognized as one of the worlds leading extreme weather photographers.  Below is a link to one of the pictures I found on his website that I thoroughly enjoyed.  Jim was asked to Nikon's D7000 during the 2008 weather season and got some pretty amazing images.  The majority of the pictures I was able to locate on his site were of tornadoes or severe thunder storms...not snow.  I was very surprised that he took this picture of a landspout tornado with such a wide angle lens.  He had to be quite close to the tornado in order for this exposure to turn out the way it did.  Despite the quite high aperture value he was still able to keep everything in focus.  I really like the composition of this photograph too.  


http://www.jimreedphoto.com/gallery.html?gallery=Nikon&folio=Images

No comments:

Post a Comment